Understanding California’s complicated employment laws can be challenging. Luckily, an experienced Riverside employment attorney can provide guidance, representation, and adv
cacy, helping to protect your rights and achieve your goals. Whether you are an employee seeking justice or have questions about employment issues, a Riverside employment attorney at the dedicated employment rights law firm Workplace Rights Law Group can help.
Along with a proven track record, our team has over 75 years of combined employment law experience, offering personalized strategies, a deep understanding of employer tactics, and expertise in a range of practice areas. If you find yourself facing workplace injustices
such as discrimination, sexual harassment, wage and hour disputes, or wrongful termination, or if you are a whistleblower seeking protection, consider reaching out to Workplace Rights Law Group for a free case review. Our commitment to your cause and unique perspective on employment law makes us a formidable ally in pursuing justice and protecting your workplace rights in Riverside, California.
What Is Employment Law?
Employment law addresses various legal issues relating to employer and employee relationships. It is a multifaceted area of law that covers employee rights and employer obligations designed to protect workers from unfair treatment.
It also provides remedies and protection should an employer violate an employee’s rights and interests. This body of law includes a variety of statutes, regulations, and judicial decisions and covers areas such as discrimination, wage and hour issues, wrongful termination, and safety in the workplace.
What Laws Protect Workers’ Rights in Riverside?
California has some of the most progressive labor laws in the United States, offering extensive worker protections. Here are several fundamental laws that every Riverside employment lawyer at Workplace Rights Law Group is well-versed in:
- Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). The FEHA protects employees from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in the workplace. It covers a range of protected categories, including race, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, and more.
- California Family Rights Act (CFRA). Like the federal FMLA, the CFRA allows eligible employees to take unpaid, job-protected leave for certain family and medical reasons for up to 12 weeks in a 12-month period, with continuation of group health insurance coverage.
- California Labor Code. This set of laws governs wages, hours, and breaks, outlining the requirements for minimum wage, overtime pay, meal and rest breaks, and other aspects of compensation.
- Paid Family Leave (PFL). PFL provides partial wage replacement to eligible workers who need to take time off work to care for a seriously ill family member or to bond with a new child.
- California Occupational Safety and Health Act (Cal/OSHA). Cal/OSHA provides regulations to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. It sets standards for workplace safety and health, requiring employers to maintain a workplace free of recognized hazards.
Similarly, federal laws like the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) mandate sick leave and equal opportunities for all employees.
In a landscape where employment laws are constantly evolving, we cannot overstate the value of an informed and proactive employment lawyer.
At Workplace Rights Law Group, we are committed to remaining at the forefront of ever-changing employment laws, ensuring that the scales of justice remain balanced in favor of hardworking employees.
What are Some Examples of the Types of Employment Law Workplace Rights Group Handles?
The following are just a few examples of the types of claims and cases Workplace Rights Group handles:
- Wage and hour disputes. Whether you face an employee misclassification issue, your employer owes you unpaid wages or overtime pay, you believe your employer failed to pay you California’s legally required minimum wage or overtime pay, or you have questions about meal and rest breaks, we can provide guidance and represent you in wage and hour disputes.
- Employment discrimination. If you believe you have been discriminated against at work, for example, passed over for a promotion because of your race, gender, age, disability, religion, or other protected characteristics, Workplace Rights Law Group can help you seek justice.
- Sexual harassment. Sexual harassment encompasses unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and verbal or physical sexual conduct that disrupts an employee’s work environment. Our team has experience handling sexual harassment cases and assisting victims in pursuing legal action against their harassers and employers who fail to take appropriate action.
- Hostile work environment. If you are experiencing ongoing sexual harassment from a supervisor who has created a hostile work environment, an employment attorney can guide you through the process of reporting the harassment and seeking legal recourse.
- Wrongful termination. If your employer terminated you without cause—for example, in violation of an employment contract or for whistleblowing on illegal activities within the company—we can help you file a wrongful termination lawsuit.
- Family and medical leave disputes. If you encounter challenges accessing or using your family and medical leave benefits under the CFRA or FMLA, we can protect your rights and help ensure that your employer complies with relevant regulations.
Understanding the law and how employers think and act in employment-related matters allows Workplace Rights Law Group to effectively protect your interests and work toward achieving the best possible outcome for your case.
Contact us for a free case review so we can assess your claim and help you determine the best cause of action and steps to take.
What Can a Riverside Employment Attorney at Workplace Rights Law Group Do for Me?
Understanding employment law can be intimidating. Moreover, attempting to handle an employment-related matter without legal guidance can result in errors jeopardizing your case. At Workplace Rights Law Group, we understand the laws and know how to apply them to your benefit, helping you avoid common pitfalls.
Whether you’re negotiating a severance package, fighting wrongful dismissal, or addressing workplace discrimination, a Riverside employment attorney at Workplace Rights Law Group will be your advocate, ensuring your rights are always protected. Here are some of the key ways we can assist you:
- Legal expertise. Our attorneys have in-depth knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and precedents. They can provide professional advice and guidance tailored to your specific situation and help you navigate the legal maze, helping to ensure that you never miss crucial details or deadlines.
- Case evaluation. Our attorneys can evaluate your case’s merits and provide an honest assessment of your chances of success.
- Documentation and paperwork. We will prepare and handle all the necessary legal documents related to your claim.
- Legal strategy. The team at Workplace Rights Law Group has a unique advantage in understanding employer strategies and has experience representing employers. Our insight from these experiences allows us to build stronger client cases.
- Negotiation. Our employment attorneys can negotiate on your behalf, whether it is for a fair settlement in a discrimination case or to resolve a wage dispute with your employer.
- Litigation representation. If we can not settle or your legal dispute escalates to the courtroom, we will work to protect your rights and advocate for your interests.
- Protection from retaliation. If you are a whistleblower or have filed a complaint against your employer, we can help shield you from retaliation and take legal action if necessary.
- Peace of mind. Knowing that you have a knowledgeable advocate in your corner can provide peace of mind during a stressful and uncertain time.
The best part? Legal representation often leads to quicker and significantly more favorable resolutions than approaching the matter alone. Reach out to us to discuss your employment-related concerns and explore your legal options, and let us explain how we can help you.
Workplace Rights Law Group: Your Riverside Employment Attorneys
If your employer violated your workplace rights and you need an employment attorney in Riverside, Workplace Rights Law Group can help. We are a distinguished employment rights law firm based in California, with a team of five dedicated attorneys boasting over 75 years of combined employment law experience.
We are knowledgeable in various employment law areas, including workplace discrimination, sexual harassment, wage and hour disputes, wrongful termination, and whistleblower cases. Plus, we offer free case reviews, allowing potential clients to explore their legal options without incurring any initial costs or obligations.
At Workplace Rights Law Group, our team is committed to a limited caseload, enabling us to provide highly personalized strategies for each client. This approach also allows us to provide you with customized attention and to craft unique strategies tailored to your circumstances.
When you work with our team, you can expect an attorney who takes the time to understand your case’s unique aspects, concerns, and goals. Reach out to us today. You will never be just another file on an attorney’s desk but a valued client with a dedicated advocate in your corner.